- ThawraMedia is developed and managed by DAMLAG, an Egyptian web company.
- The platform development started mid Feb 2011 right after the former Egyptian president resigned.
- ThawraMedia is an open platform that empowers free individual journalism through people sharing videos and photos online.
- Gather, archive and publish all media related to uprisings and political events.
- All content is user generated and free for the public under creative commons regulations.
- Most of the original content that fueled ThawraMedia launch was collected inside Tahrir square during the Jan 25 uprising events.
- DAMLAG is an Egyptian web services company founded in Dec 2008. DAMLAG’s mission is to fill in parts of the Arabic information gaps where successful business models can be developed.
- elCinema.com, the largest Arabic Movie Database is also developed and managed by DAMLAG